- Want to learn how to be competitive and function as a scientific leader for your company or another small business?
- Want practical experience making a business case to get an idea to market (aka, technology commercialization)?
- Want strategies to access non-dilutive funding to reduce early technology risk?
- Want to improve your resume and be an attractive new industry hire?
- Have an innovative, disruptive tech idea for a business or want to work with innovative tech?
- Want to earn up to $3,000 to identify strategic markets and research pathways for an innovative idea?
SBIR Ready is a new immersion opportunity that supports graduate students and early-career scientists seeking applied business development skills.
The SBIR Ready “bootcamp” will teach you the secrets to articulating a business case for your team’s innovation. The program will help you tap into the $2.5 billion non-dilutive federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs to launch your business and careers.
Don’t have your own innovation? Let us connect you with a technology where you can practice this process.
SBIR Ready is a free series of four 3-hour workshops conducted in a small-group setting, with hands-on team and individual exercises.
Session 1, “Your Value Proposition”: In this Lean Startup Crash Course, define a problem worthy of SBIR funding as well as its target market and your potential competition.
Session 2, “The Distilling Process”: Determine specific aims with measurable outcomes, using feedback from experts and peers, market research, gap analysis and best-practice examples.
Session 3, “What You Need to Make It Happen”: Now that you have a research plan, draft a budget and the resources you need: your team, collaborators, consultants and facilities.
Session 4, “SBIR Ready? How to Apply”: Get a walkthrough of the SBIR application process and, if you’re ready, schedule the next-step consultation to give your idea a shot.
This process will help you:
- Evaluate your tech project from multiple angles to make a business case.
- Develop tools toward a winning SBIR/STTR proposal and viable team strategy for your innovative idea.
- Learn how to be competitive and savvy in federal grant programs.
- Gain confidence as you build competence in exploring a viable career path.